Friday, January 20, 2012

Just a Blueberry: A Lesson In Perspective

"Rocket Man" is a very silly movie that I find very funny and entertaining.  In the movie, there is a mission to Mars.  As I was setting my mind to have the proper perspective of a difficult situation, I was reminded of this movie.

In the midst of being very distracted by a mess he has made during the journey thus far, someone gets the main character's attention and tells him to look out the window.  The crew has been sleeping for months as they traveled out into space, and then they look out to see the view of Earth.  It is beautiful and looks so very small from their perspective - beyond where any man has traveled thus far.  After a moment of awe and silence, the main character makes a statement that the Earth looks like a blueberry from way up where they are seeing it.  I was reminded this week that much depends on my current perspective of a situation. 

Lately I have ...shall we say had some struggles to face.  There are people who look me full in the face and tell me things could turn out rather sour.  "But GOD" as someone I love very much says so often.  This past year the Lord has spoken to me about rising out and above circumstances and old thinking patterns.  He gave me the example of a rocket, thrusting off the ground and into space.  As I was placing items at His feet this week, I began to see a fuller picture.  It is not just about rising off the ground, it is about the level of trust and peace and surrender - the leaving of the gravity behind!  I actually was able to taste this sensational power and peace this last week. 

When we stand in the dirt of something and look around at the horizon and see no end to it, it CAN seem rather huge and endless.  Some of us may even wallow in it and get ourselves all dirty.  But what if we got on that rocket of direction and allowed trust and peace to lift us off the ground.  We would feel the distance between us and the dirt at that point.  Let's say we continued into space.  As we passed through the layers of the atmosphere, we would soon find ourselves in space and realize we felt weightless.  That is putting it in God's hands and letting the let-go-of-the-worry distance us from dirty circumstances.  Think about that a moment!  I did this week.  It was so very freeing.  "...Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us..." (Hebrews 12:1 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Follow This Blog

Translate